- How to Log On to Educate
- how to access grades & assignments in educate
- Car Line Procedure
- Inclement Weather Policy
RCLS's student information system is EDUCATE. The Household Portal is a website used by families to view school and student-specific information.
Returning families: go to https://educate.tads.com and Sign in with your Username and Password. If you do not recall your password, you can click on the Forgot Password? link to have it reset.
New families: On or around Meet-the-Teacher Night in late August, you will receive an email providing you with your Educate username and a temporary password. You’ll be prompted to change your password at the next login.
The Home page will provide a quick overview of school and basic student information right when you log in. You can customize your view by clicking and dragging the sections, or widgets, to their desired locations. The Home page can be accessed by clicking on the Home button at the top of your screen.
The Students page provides additional and more detailed student information than displayed on the Home page. To access the Students page, click school at the top of your screen, and then select Students from the dropdown options.
The Accounts page displays demographic information for yourself and your household and can be located by clicking your name in the upper left-hand corner, and selecting Account from the dropdown options.
Cafeteria balances can be found directly on the Home page, or by clicking School at the top of your screen and selecting Cafeteria from the dropdown options. You can make credit card payments by clicking the Make a Payment button.
You can access Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on the green Question Mark symbol in the lower right of your screen; if you do not see your question, or are having technical difficulties, you will also have the option to Contact the Educate Team.
On 9th Avenue, cars arrive at the entrance to the school parking lot from both the north and the south. The line of cars coming from the south, which has to turn left into the car line, often extends all the way to Elton Hills Drive. To alleviate any congestion in this regard, we ask that that cars entering the car line from the north (which turn right into the line) and cars entering the car line from the south (which turn left into the line) take turns to ensure that both lines of cars are able to turn safely and expeditiously into the parking lot or car line. This will minimize the possibility of congestion coming from either direction on 9th Avenue. Once you are in the car line, proceed directly to the school and await the crossing guard's direction before pulling up to one of the 5 drop-off spaces in front of the sidewalk, where your children may safely exit your vehicle.
Note: for the 2020-21 school year:
· Students are asked to arrive between 7:15-7:30 each morning.
· Because we must limit the number of people in the building this year, all students, grades Preschool-Grade 8, can be dropped off at the sidewalk in front of the building. Families are asked to drive into the school parking lot via the northeast opening from 9th Ave., then proceed to the sidewalk area in front of the school.
· Students will exit their parents’ vehicle and enter the building via their assigned grade-level door. A drop-off procedure map identifies these assigned entrance doors.
After your student(s) exit your car, you may pull away and exit the southeast corner of the parking lot (marked as “exit only.”)
We will be ready and waiting to escort our new and young students to their classrooms. We'll look for smiling, excited eyes––and uncertain ones, too!
· Dismissal times will be staggered this year, beginning with Early Childhood students and their siblings at 2:30 pm. Families with Early Childhood students are asked to arrive at school to queue in the carline at 2:30 each day, even if their PS/PK student is not attending school that day.
· Families with students only in grades K-8 (i.e. there are no RCLS ECDC students in the family) are asked to wait until 2:45 to begin queueing in the carline. When K-8 students are dismissed at 2:45, teachers will lead them to assigned waiting spots on the sidewalk or in the safeguarded first parking row.
· Parents will then be welcomed to progress through the carline, with five cars at a time pulling up to the sidewalk. Once you are parked in one of the five pick-up spots in front of the school, your students will walk to your car from their assigned waiting places.
· Important: place your family name tag in the dash of your car before proceeding through the carline. With more than 100 new students on campus this year, we will need some help identifying families and cars in order to keep the carline moving in a timely fashion.
Thank you for helping us keep our parking lot safe!
Click on either the Drop-off or Pick-up Procedure Maps to download.
SCHOOL CLOSING PROCEDURES DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
Occasionally, it is necessary to modify the school day or close school due to inclement weather. Please note that when Rochester public schools close OR RPS cancels transportation because of inclement weather, RCLS closes. RCLS does not implement Distance Learning days when there is inclement weather.
Please note the procedures for the following possibilities:
School is closed for the entire day:
· All local media outlets will be notified of the decision to close school by 5:30 am when possible.
· All school related activities are canceled for the day and evening. Ex: meetings, athletic games/practices, etc.
· Stepping Stones will be available from 8 am to 4 pm. Bring a lunch for your child.
Begin the school day two hours late—this is typically called a “late start”:
· All local media outlets will be notified of the decision for a late start by 5:30 am when possible.
· Preschool through Grade 8 students will begin at 9:40 am. Buses will run where possible and will pick up students approximately two hours later than usual. *NOTE: Buses are not transporting students to and from RCLS for the 2020-21 school year.
· Stepping Stones will be available 8-9:40 am for morning care and then again from 2:45 to 6 pm for afternoon care. POST will be open from 2:45 - 5 pm.
School is dismissed early:
· If school is dismissed early, all local media outlets will be notified by 10:15 am when possible. The RCLS office will send out an email to parents and a message will be posted on the RCLS website and social media accounts.
· Buses will run where possible. If students cannot be bused home, parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified. *NOTE: Buses are not transporting students to and from RCLS for the 2020-21 school year.
· Parents should have a plan on file with your student’s teacher as to what options can be utilized in the event that school is dismissed early.
· Stepping Stones and POST will be closed.
· All school related activities are canceled for the remainder of the day and evening.
NOTE: If schools are closed by the Governor, Stepping Stones is closed.