School Procedures Info
- How to Log On to Educate
- how to access grades & assignments in educate
- Car Line Procedure
- Inclement Weather Policy
RCLS is pleased to announce the implementation of a new student information system entitled EDUCATE. The Household Portal is a website used by families to view school and student specific information. There are two options for accessing this website.
1. Go to https://educate.tads.com and Sign in with your Username and Password. If you do not recall your password, you can click on the Forgot Password? link to have it reset.
2. On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 you received an email providing you with your Educate username and a temporary password. You’ll be prompted to change your password at the next login.
The Home page will provide a quick overview of school and basic student information right when you log in. You can customize your view by clicking and dragging the sections, or widgets, to their desired locations. The Home page can be accessed by clicking on the Home button at the top of your screen.
The Students page provides additional and more detailed student information than displayed on the Home page. To access the Students page, click school at the top of your screen, and then select Students from the dropdown options.
The Accounts page displays demographic information for yourself and your household and can be located by clicking your name in the upper left-hand corner, and selecting Account from the dropdown options.
Cafeteria balances can be found directly on the Home page, or by clicking School at the top of your screen and selecting Cafeteria from the dropdown options. You can make credit card payments by clicking the Make a Payment button.
You can access Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on the green Question Mark symbol in the lower right of your screen; if you do not see your question, or are having technical difficulties, you will also have the option to Contact the Educate Team.
On 9th Avenue, cars arrive at the entrance to the school parking lot from both the north and the south. The line of cars coming from the south, which has to turn left into the car line, often extends all the way to Elton Hills Drive. To alleviate any congestion in this regard, we ask that that cars entering the car line from the north (which turn right into the line) and cars entering the car line from the south (which turn left into the line) take turns to ensure that both lines of cars are able to turn safely and expeditiously into the parking lot or car line. This will minimize the possibility of congestion coming from either direction on 9th Avenue. Once you are in the car line, proceed directly to the school and await the crossing guard's direction before pulling up to one of the four drop-off spaces in front of the sidewalk, where your children may safely exit your vehicle.
Our student pick-up procedure is not difficult, but the resources below will help you navigate the car line the first times you pick your child up from school. Please note the following:
1. Bus students are dismissed at 2:45. Cars are asked to wait in line at points 2 and 3 until the buses pull out of the parking lot. When the buses pull away, cars may enter the line at point 4.
2. Cars pulling in from 9th Avenue (point 1) must enter the car line at point 2 rather than pulling directly into the line directed toward the school (point 4).
3. Students must remain on sidewalk until parents pull up into waiting spots at Point 5.
4. Parents not wanting to wait in the car line are asked to park and walk across the crosswalk to retrieve their students. For their safety, students are not allowed to cross into the parking lot on their own.
Thank you for helping us keep our parking lot safe!
SCHOOL CLOSING PROCEDURES DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
Occasionally, it is necessary to modify the school day or close school due to inclement weather. With advance preparation, hopefully, we can minimize any concern or confusion. Please note that when Rochester public schools close, RCLS also closes!
Please note the procedures for the following possibilities:
School is closed for the entire day:
· All local media outlets will be notified of the decision to close schools by 5:30 am when possible. Listen to a television or radio station for announcements. If there is no announcement, school will be held as usual.
· All school related activities are cancelled for the day and evening. Ex: meetings, athletic games/practices, etc.
· Stepping Stones will be available from 8 am to 4 pm. Bring a lunch for your child.
Begin the school day two hours late—this is typically called a “late start”:
· All local media outlets will be notified of the decision for a late start by 5:30 am when possible. Listen to a television or radio station for an announcement. If there is no announcement, school will be held as usual.
· Preschool thru Grade 8 students will begin at 9:40 am. Buses will run where possible and will pick up students approximately two hours later than usual.
· Stepping Stones will be available 8-9:40 am for morning care and then again from 2:45 to 6 pm for afternoon care. POST will be open from 2:45 - 5 pm (Monday-Thursday / POST is closed on Fridays).
School is dismissed early:
· If school is dismissed early, all local media outlets will be notified by 10:15 am when possible. Listen to a television or radio station for an announcement. The RCLS office will send out an email via RenWeb to parents and a message will be posted on the RCLS website.
· Buses will run where possible. If students cannot be bused home, parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified.
· Parents should have a plan on file with your student’s teacher as to what options can be utilized in the event that school is dismissed early.
· Stepping Stones and POST will be closed.
· All school related activities are cancelled for the remainder of the day and evening.
NOTE: If schools are closed by the Governor, Stepping Stones is closed.